Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A break from my mental struggles

Since my last post, I've been trying to keep myself busy and keep my mind occupied.  So far this has worked about 30% of the time.  The other 70% of the time my brain keeps freaking out about my interview, acls test, being fired, and feeling worthless.

But today I took the bit in my teeth and eliminated at least one of my worries.  I passed my ACLS test!  Passed!  Now I just have to get the card in the mail.

Yesterday, Oldest and I went on a hike with our dogs, and that seemed to improve both of our moods.  Especially since we aren't having the dust storms of last week:

Normally there's a mountain out there....

And last week I got a visit from Youngest, Fiance, and Grandbaby:

He's still as cute as ever!

That was a nice distraction.

And, tomorrow I have my interview, which is what keeps my brain circling around the whole worthless thing.  I'm sure it's going to be fine.

Just try telling my brain that.

Remember, it's just a ride.


  1. I sooooo feel your pain. Having a bad about being fired and not getting hired anywhere today as well. Good luck on your interview!!!

  2. I am currently awaiting the determination of my "discipline hearing" that took place this morning. They hinted that they probably won't be firing me... I have no idea though, what the outcome will be. I violated the policy for accessing patient medical files for a patient I was not caring for, specifically, for my partner's (at the time) medical information. Despite the fact that she has testified that I had her express permission to access her files at the time, they are proceeding with disciplinary action.

    I'm feeling some of your pain, but I hope not all of it :(