Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Queen of the alcoholics



I'm not an alcoholic, but apparently I am their queen when they've drunk themselves to death.  I think I've taken care of every bleeding through every orifice drinker we've gotten since I've started in the ICU, and I'll tell you all, none of them have survived.

And I started thinking last night that seeing someone bleeding to death could be a nice incentive at AA meetings and high schools to share with people who think there's nothing wrong with binge drinking or steady drinking, or drinking to drown your sorrows.  It's legal, right?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a beer or glass of wine every once in awhile, and in my 20's I was a little crazy with the partying, but now that I'm a nurse and have watched people die this horrible death has definitely caused me to rethink the whole party, get wasted thing!

So tonight, I will get to watch another person die from something completely legal that they couldn't handle.  That is, if they're still alive when I get back to work....

Long live the Queen.


Remember, it's just a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment