Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday musings

My recent addiction to Tedtalks on YouTube led me to a video from the woman who's research I talked about in my recent blog post, so I thought I would post it up because it is very interesting:


All I can say is I'm glad my husband went to college....and that we're from a different generation anyway.

In other news...it's snowing here.  Big fat, fluffy, wet flakes that will hopefully melt off of the road before I have to go to work for a class tomorrow.

Speaking of work, last week I made the transition to the ICU, working nights.  I'm not thrilled about nights at all.  I thought since I sleep so badly anyway that it wouldn't be so hard, but boy, I was wrong!  The first 2 nights I felt like a zombie at about 2 am.  And I forgot how quiet nights are!  I'm going to have to remember to bring a good book again because I might actually have time to read at work!

Then I got sick.  Really sick.  Like, spend all day in bed dozing and watching bad tv sick.  I'm going to blame it on working nights.  Viva la ICU!


Remember, it's just a ride.

2 comments:

  1. I can't do nights. I tried it once for a week and felt like a walking corpse at all times. Also, hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had a cold snap over here. With the windchill it was over minus 40 degrees Celsius.

    Mother nature hates us.

    ReplyDelete