Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What saying the "wrong" thing does to your man...

This is lesson I have finally absorbed this week, because before, I just didn't get it.

I'm not afraid to admit it, I am the culprit of many, many female faux paux when trying to "get closer" to Husband.

What I didn't realize is that how I was going about this, and what I was saying was striking deep terror into the heart of the man I love.


Now, I know that most of my followers are women, but there are a few guys out there, and I'm sure if we ask them, they will agree that these things that I am about to reveal are soul-crushing things to a guy:

1- "We need to talk."  This statement is ALWAYS going to signal a guy that he's going to be told he's doing EVERYTHING wrong.



2- There is almost nothing more a guy wants than for everyone to think he's competent, capable, and is in control.  No guy wants anyone to find out he might be and "imposter".

 

3-Sex is to men as romance is to women.  I cannot stress enough HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS!  This is how your man feels loved, close, desireable....all the things women feel when their man is romantic, just for them.  And to stress this more, it's not just that you have sex, otherwise known as "the wifely duty", they need to feel that you are into it, and them also!














4- If you don't make the effort to look good and take care of yourself, it translates into "you don't care about me".  Luckily, I don't usually have to worry about this anymore, but there was a time when it just didn't seem to matter....(shudder).




What do you male readers think? (haha! bad question for a woman to ask!)


Remember, it's just a ride.

4 comments:

  1. Yes. Yes. Very yes. Maybe?

    I don't know, when my girlfriend doesn't look well I assume she's having a bad day or something is going wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx DWei! I learned this week you can teach an old wife new tricks! Yay for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Ctrl cartoon :) too funny. As for the topic, right there with ya. We sure need to be more sensitive to men language. They say women are complicated human beings, but I guess men are equally complicated creatures. It's all a matter of what shoes are you wearing:) Glad I found your blog and I am now following you thanks to Friday Friend Connect, and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday, where you can meet lots of friends and have a great time:) See you there!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there - visiting from the Friday hop. Great post - I need to care more what my man thinks and feels.

    Dayna

    ReplyDelete