Thursday, June 7, 2012

The waiting game

I am not a patient person.  Seriously.  When I'm watching a show on Netflix and it keeps loading, I can feel my blood pressure rising.  When I'm driving behind someone who is going 5 miles under the speed limit, I have to stop myself from tailgating.

When I haven't gotten a call yet about the job I applied for a week ago, I start freaking out.  I'm not a good waiter.  Not at all.

So, I have to find things to do to pass the time, right?  Have to find things that will occupy my brain so it doesn't start it's own little dialogue of "why haven't they called me yet?"  Easier said than done, but I've got a few things going for me:

Hiking


Been hiking quite a lot lately, which kills 2 birds with 1 stone- keeps me from getting fat while I sit on the couch, and gets me out of the house.

Sewing


Lets me look forward to the fair every year cuz yes, I enter my sewings.

Reading

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)

This one I'm not doing as much as I usually do, but as an update- I read the entire Hunger Games over the weekend a week ago.  It was pretty good, and a fast read, (a book a day).

Watching TV- or more specifically, Watching Grey's Anatomy Which My Daughter Has Sucked Me Into.


Ahhh trauma drama.

And lastly, Piano practice, which, since I'm not working, I need to do more of.

At least I have a game plan.


Remember, it's just a ride.

1 comment: