Monday, June 25, 2012

The one where I have to start working again

I guess the party is over, as I had my first day of orientation today.  Time to buckle down and get back to work!

After I have another week and a half of vacation that is!

I have 2 days of orientation this week, and then I don't actually start until the week after the 4th of July!  Yay!

We're going to go out to Michigan to visit Husband's grandparents that week- the first real "vacation" we've had in about 10 years.  At least that I can remember.  Camping for 3 days doesn't count, even though it's fun.

That reminds me, I need to see what the forecast is for that week- anything has to be better than the 100 degree streak we've been having here in Colorado- right?

As it is, there are now 8 wildfires burning in the state, and only one is contained!  Three are down in the southwest corner of the state by Mesa Verde and Durango, and so that means that we have smoke in our area from them.  Not quite like what my dad is having, but in the morning you can barely make out the mountain behind our house.  And it is not making it cooler here, all that smoke blocking the sun!

Apparently a lot of Colorado is looking like this


Oh, & while finding this picture I found out that Michigan had a fire in the Upper Penninsula in May!

Everyone is on fire.  Like I keep telling my dad, craziness...


Remember, it's just a ride.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like that Waldo Canyon fire is being contained a bit, but we had some friends who lost their homes there, too. What madness. Where's the rain? And by that, I mean more than a 30 second sprinkle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Michigan, the new Sahara Desert! Seriously, it should NOT be this hot in the cold state I love.

    ReplyDelete