Friday, September 13, 2013

Severe weather in Colorado

There's been a lot of rain here in Colorado this week with major flooding down the canyons on the front range.  Fortunately I live in an area that is not near any if that!  But we could still have flooding from rain and creeks, although now that doesn't seem likely.

My day, however, is trapped in his trailer up Rist Canyon this morning with no power an a leak in the trailer. The canyon is impassable, and the rain keeps coming.

My sister was evacuated from the south side of Longmont yesterday and barely made it home before most of the streets were closed.

Today, both my daughters are trapped at home due to road closures-overnight 3 rivers flooded roads in their area. 

And here?  Well, my favorite bike path is flooded...





And the creek in our subdivision...


Never seen it like that!

But that's pretty much what we've got right now.



Remember it's just a ride.

1 comment:

  1. I'm safe from the flooding as well. Brandon's not in any danger, but he spent all of yesterday bucketing water out of his basement. Yikes.

    Also, not to get all stalkerish, but we must practically be neighbors. Assuming you live close to the Big Dry Creek (the irony!) Trail. That's my biking trail of choice, and the 120th and Federal stretch of it is my backyard.

    I've been biking that trail all summer long. If you bike on it as much as I do, I'm surprised I haven't yet seen you this summer. Or maybe I have and just not really paid attention.

    ReplyDelete