Sunday, June 8, 2014

Wedding time!

Ok y'all, I know I haven't posted in six months, but I'm hopefully ready to start again after being bummed out over blogger not posting my pictures on my blog, and just generally feeling meh about blogging at all.

I think the last thing I posted about was finally getting a job at the end of last summer, and I might have posted about our crazy flooding here in Colorado, I can't remember.  I just remember thinking "F-Blogger for not letting me upload pictures and not having any actually help on their help site!"

But forget them, there's bigger news afoot- Oldest got married this week!  That would be the other reason for not blogging for a few months.  I know, I could have blogged about all the preparations being made for the big day, and about how we hired and then had to fire our wedding planner, and how Oldest had to basically fire her Maid of Honor and one of her bridesmaids, but the truth is I was too tired to do any of that.  Especially after firing the wedding planner.  I have just completed 4 weeks of wedding hell, making all the decorations for the wedding myself so Oldest wouldn't freak out over it!  I have to say, for not ever having been on any decorating committee myself, I rocked those decorations!

Instead of a guestbook, a fingerprint tree-everyone puts their fingerprint on it and signs their name!

LED candles wrapped with washi tape for the tables

Flowergirl basket


Guest gifts full of chocolate

Basket full of little bubble sticks


Table seating chart
Paper hearts for the flowergirl basket
Box for cards to be placed in on the gift table


Wedding ceremony program booklet

The venue pretty much did everything else for us- set up all the tables, helped the DJ set up, helped the florist put out the flowers, set up the cake with the bakery- easy peasy!  Sooooo, on with the wedding photos!













Of course there will be more pictures when the photographer gets them to us, but these are a few that I took myself while running around like a crazy person trying to make sure everything turned out ok!

Now I'm just going to relax and enjoy the few days I have off until I have to go back to work!


Remember, it's just a ride.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations to your daughter! A marriage is definitely an excuse for a blogging hiatus. I love that fingerprint tree. Very cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete