Sunday, October 11, 2015

What video games have taught me about....me





So I just finished playing Fallout New Vegas and its dlc's, and I was thinking about decisions I made in that game and Fallout 3, and how the karma system in these games works.  At first I was really annoyed with the karma system because, after having played Skyrim, I definitely learned that I definitely will take anything that isn't nailed down- especially if it weighs nothing!  Does that translate into real life?  No, not really, but I think sometimes some of the things you do in video games DO translate into real life.  So, without further ado, here are some things video games have taught me about....me:

1-  I'm a pretty helpful person, even if that annoys me and takes me off quest;



2- I'm a sneak thief at heart;


3- I stick by my followers, (and friends), even the annoying ones;



4- I'd rather shoot you from afar than confront you directly;





5- Trusting others is hard to do;




6- No matter what, I will survive!







Remember, it's just a ride...

2 comments:

  1. I'm replaying Fallout 3 right now (in preparation for Fallout 4) and some of the karma annoys me too. Like, if I'm stealing from a known slaver, I wouldn't think I'd get docked for that.

    I also learned, as I too am a big fan of shooting from a distance (gauss rifle is my jam) that I've often sniped and killed good NPCs from a really far distance and had to reload. Hey, it wasn't my fault they kinda look like a raider and are just pacing back and forth with a gun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I like the sneaky/snipey thing too & it's definitely gotten me in trouble!

    ReplyDelete