Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How my aide tried to kill me today

Granted, she was very original in her method, because I'm pretty sure no one else would have thought of DEATH BY YOGALATES!

And here I thought she was innocently just looking after my health.  After all I'm going to be 40 tomorrow, and instead of looking like this:

Awesome.

I look more like this:

Not awesome.  Kinda squishy.

So, to motivate both of us to work out, I agreed to try out Yogalates at the nearest rec center after work tonight.

What, you ask, is Yogalates?  Well, it's Yoga....and Pilates....mixed up with each other like a goulash.  A little bit of one here, a little of one there, and presto-chango, you have the exercise that will kill your groin, abdomen, neck, and arms all in one short hour!



And then, because I could still move, Zumba started right after the Yogalates, and my aide, and our therapy assistant tried there hardest to get me to do pretty much what looked like "dancercise" just to finish me off.
It's like a rec center flash mob!


Nope, I don't dance.  And after watching a few minutes of this, I concluded that I definitely don't dance that fast.  I chair dance people!

And since I'm woefully out of shape, and less limber than a two-by-four, I am now sitting on my couch with a heating pad and some pain medication hoping that I will be able to bend down and squat on the floor tomorrow when I'm at work.  No one understands how much time nurses spend on the floor!

All of this because I'd rather sit on the couch and read....  *sigh*


Remember, it's just a ride.

3 comments:

  1. "less limber than a 2x4" You're less limber than lumber! And that's got to be killer on the lumbar:) I hear you on being out-of-shape due to reading. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a few Zumba classes, liked them, but couldn't afford to keep paying the ridiculous $8 per class they were asking. No, apparently I'm saving for the next Great Depression.
    So I bought Zumba for the Wii. And I can totally pause it whenever I feel like having a break to have a breath, a glass of water or a slice of cheesecake.
    It's fab! You should totally try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get Zumba on the Wii? Hmm...I could be tempted to do this in the privacy of my own home....

    ReplyDelete