Monday, January 16, 2012

Milestones

Ok all, I've hit a milestone in my life, but I'm afraid to tell everyone what it is.

I have spent years trying to cover up the inevitable approach of this milestone in a number of ways:


1- I dye my hair to cover the grey that started after I had kids.  Yes people, it's proven- kids give you grey hair!  And they do it in the most startling ways.  Like announcing that they need to go on birth control because they're dating a hot guy....

(no picture...it's just too scary!)

2- I wore braces at the same time as my oldest so everyone would think we were sisters.  No...wait..I think I might have worn them so I wouldn't get picked for the "Big Book of British Teeth"...




3- I changed my facial cleansers in order to "minimize fine lines and wrinkles", and "smooth out my skin".

And many other things like:  waxing, periodic exercise, hanging out with the younger kids at work, going to the bar and being "hip", and playing video games.

Unfortunately, none of this has helped me avoid this milestone.

So, I am here to announce today that (dum dum dah!):

I AM NOW 40!  (screams of amazement and fear)


Remember, it's just a ride.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! And no judgment here. Due to a life of excessive bad choices, I'm in my twenties and already have grey hair, wrinkles, and back problems. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Beer: 20's?! Oh god could I be any older?! (well, I suppose I could....hmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the other half of ABFTS. First off, a belated happy birthday. Second, 40 is nothing! And don't let Brandon fool you, by 20's he means we're knocking at 30's door. And lastly, I have grey hair too, and I haven't even had kids yet. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete