Sunday, January 22, 2012

Slightly controvertial post

Husband and I decided to take a relaxing overnight at a hot spring about 2 hours from home to de-stress this weekend.  Trust me, it is much needed!

Normally, we go over to the other side of our pass down to Glenwood Springs and go to the hot spring there, but, frankly, it's way too commercial, and trying to soak and relax with teenagers and kids splashing and being generally dumb is impossible.

So, a few years earlier, I had heard about some hot springs around Ouray.  Specifically, one hot spring that a bunch of my collegues enjoyed called Orvis.  The slightly controversial part?

It's clothing optional.
Pic of the main pool.  There are 4 other pools.


Yup, that's right.  You don't have to wear a bathing suit if you don't want to.  At least, not in the outdoor soaks.  The indoor pool is family friendly bathing suit only.

So, we're here right now, and have spent the whole day, (except for the drive here), sans clothes, except for the occasional robe while inside the main building, (it's the rule).

And you know what?  I haven't been embarrassed at all.  I thought at first I might be, but...nope.  I guess the older you get the more you just think, "Hey, if you don't like it, don't look buddy!"

Now, don't get me wrong, when we got there and were being taken on a tour of the grounds, the first glimpse of someone else getting out of a soaking pool buck-ass naked gave me a shock.  But everyone is so unobtrusive that you soon don't notice that no one is wearing clothes.  I mean, really, how can you point out that that person over there isn't wearing clothes when you're just as nude?


All in all, this has been a very eye opening experience, and one that I know we'll repeat again.  Probably more than once.


Remember, it's just a ride.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a nudist colony I see looming ahead in your future? Glad you guys enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...now that I think about it..no, wait! It's a possibility only because I live in a "naked house"...

    ReplyDelete