Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WTH is wrong with me?!

Yesterday, I'm sitting on my couch after work trying to figure out what to do about my crappy job when it hits me:

5 years ago, if you told me I'd be working for what basically amounts to adult day care, I would have laughed in your face.

Then I started thinking:  What went wrong?  I've let myself believe that I would never be able to go back to hospital work after I got hurt and had surgery and 2 painful years of recovery.  I've let myself be told that I was only an adequate RN after working for 7 years as an ICU RN.  What the hell was I thinking?!

I know I'm a damn good nurse, and that up until the last 4 years, all I wanted was to be a critical care nurse.  What happened?!

Well, forget that!  I called up a buddy of mine to take advanced life support, and I'm applying for a job in our ER!  There's 2 open, and I want one!

Finally!  I lit a fire under my own ass!



Remember, it's just a ride!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that's awesome! Good luck and keep us posted!

    My wife wants to become a doctor but got a little lazy with it since she can't afford schooling right away. She also lit a fire under her ass and now she's volunteering in the ER at the local hospital. I'm so happy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your venture!

    I sometimes wonder where I will be in my life five, ten, maybe even twenty years from now. Hopefully with a job. :P

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete