Thursday, April 12, 2012

Adventures in anxiety

 

So I love it when my medical director tells me that I need to go see my doctor because I'm having panic attacks.

Not that I love panic attacks, the not breathing, claustrophobic chest pains I can do without.  But I can't even tell him why I'm having them in the first place.

It sure would be interesting to see his face if I just said, "Well, every time I hear our executive director's name, or someone tells me she's looking for me, I start having a panic attack....she's real good for my anxiety disorder you know."

Yep, my brain seems to have gone totally mental on me.

I have never, ever had someone at my work make me feel the way this person does. EVER.  And it seems to be seriously impacting my health.  And I definitely don't want to be at work the 2 days I'm in the same building with her, every time someone makes a mistake and isn't seen doing it, she tells my co-workers it was probably me since I have access to the building on Saturdays when no one else is there.

EXCUSE ME?

I'm in that building 2 days a week, and occasionally on Saturday if I need supplies.  5 other nurses have access to the same areas I do!  Really, it could have been any one of 6 of us.  And since I try to avoid that place at all costs, it probably wasn't me.

Ugh.  I need another job so bad.  I'm working on it.  For my sanity, if nothing else.

(No beer and no tv make Homer go crazy!)



Remember, it's just a ride.

1 comment:

  1. yes you really do need a new job. that's awful that you are having these panic attacks due to a coworker. Get a new job and don't look back

    ReplyDelete