Thursday, May 5, 2011

New phone? Or the beginning of SkyNet?

So, two days ago my daughters and I officially joined the net that will kill all of humanity in the future.

We joined SkyNet a phone plan with unlimited data, and got our first Terminators Android phones.

Or, maybe the phones captured us like the Borg.  Resistance is futile!

Now, I don't know how many of you out there already have smart phones, (probably all of you because I am desperately behind the times as I think resistance might work...sometimes), but these things do everything but cook you dinner.  And they almost do that with some of the apps you can get.

They are terribly addictive.

Take yesterday, (day 2 in the downfall of humankind):

First I finally got my phone charged up.  Then I spent 2 hours trying to get my phone to either connect to the net or set up a Gmail account, which I finally had to just get on my computer to do while throwing the worlds biggest hissy.

My kids are really used to me saying this about technology..


Next, I learned how to Swype.  This is the only way to text on a phone with no real keyboard.  Otherwise, even my slender ladylike fingers fat finger the keyboard like it asked for it.


Then, I learned how to add apps!  Apps are awesome little programs that will drain your battery like none other.  So the first thing I did was download an app murderer killer that allows you to tell it to stop apps when you're not using them so your battery isn't raped drained by these little rapists programs.

Still trying to figure out how to make it do it's thing on its own...

The scary thing is that I can't stop messing with this phone!  While I've been writing this blog, I have stopped to look at something on the phone and found myself fiddling with it for at least ten minutes each time!  Technology is dangerous!

Now excuse me while I go figure out how to download the Blogger app....


Remember, it's just a ride.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a BlackBerry for a while, but I just recently got internet on it, and I agree that it's dangerously addictive! Facebook has no place in the palm of my hand--I'm CONSTANTLY checking it!! Civilization will soon fall. :-/

    ReplyDelete