Friday, May 20, 2011

Who's leaving tomorrow?

That is the really important question I'm pondering tonight.




Actually, I didn't know the Rapture was scheduled for tomorrow until 3 days ago when it was mentioned at work during our morning meeting.  Actually, one of our staff members started talking about how it wasn't "God" that was going to take people, but aliens.  Aliens that would come down in their spaceships and pick the lucky ones up.


Did I mention I'm a HUGE X-Files fan?


 Whaaa?

So, I did a little looking around because I really was curious as to why tomorrow's date was picked.

Well, first of all, there is another date pinpointed for Rapture time- Oct. 21, 2011.  October?  Geez, if I was God I've picked Halloween for my send off!

Oh, wait, I read that closer just now, and the RAPTURE is tomorrow.  The world will be destroyed by fire on Oct. 21.  Oh.  Now I got it.  Really, now that I know that, I definitely would have picked Halloween instead.

Apparently this was calculated as 7000 years from the Noah flood.  First water, then fire.  Poetic actually. 

Now, I'm not a religious person, but I somehow got sucked into reading the Left Behind series, and it was really quite good, and fun to read.  But...well, like I said, I'm not religious so I really don't know what to make of all this.....

All I know is, if the Rapture does come tomorrow, at least I won't have to take call...


Remember, it's just a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment