Saturday, May 7, 2011

So mothers' day is coming

*WARNING: THIS BLOG IS ON THE SERIOUS SIDE TODAY!*

I have been noticing the increase in blog posts lately to moms for Mothers' Day.  And they got me thinking about my mom.

You see, I would love to post blogs about how my mom was the kindest, smartest, most loving mom in the world.  I would love to be able to say we're best friends and I can tell her any thing, and she always gives great advice.

But my mom is more like this:



Ok, ok, we're not from Taiwan, but man is that mom pissed!  My mom was like that for most of my childhood.  I haven't talked to my mom for 8 months, but that's mostly because for the last time she told me she'd call me in a couple of days, and it's been 8 months.  The last time I tried to talk to Stepsibling 2 my mom wrote me angry letters telling me to stay away from "her" children.  Youngest Sis hasn't talked to her in 10 years or so.  Being the oldest child, I feel guilty and want to fix everything.

So on Mothers' Day this year, I decided that it should be a celebration of the fact that both of my daughters are mothers, (even when they don't think so!).  Youngest gave birth to my first grandbaby 8 months ago, and Oldest is trying her hardest to step-parent her boyfriends' three-year-old.

I am so proud of them!

So how bout a good video for Mothers' Day:


Yep, that's pretty much how it is!


Happy Mothers' Day!


Remember, it's just a ride.

1 comment:

  1. The sweetest words in the world - "Mommy, I love you."

    ReplyDelete