Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wounded



As everyone who might read this blog knows, I've been a biking maniac since we moved back to the city.  Apparently being a maniac has it's price- my knees.  Or more specifically- my left knee.  Apparently it isn't the best shock absorber anymore, and it's also not good for pushing hard uphill.

Unfortunately, I didn't realized this until a few days ago when I turned around while vacuuming and felt something in the vicinity of my knee cap squeak.  Now, if I turn, it screams.  So, today I went and got a knee brace and some of that awesome old people smelling stuff, (i.e. Icy Hot), in the hopes that I can calm down whatever is pissed off in my knee.  Oh, and I laid in a supply of Ibuprofen too.

It might not have helped that I keep trying to convince myself it's not so bad, or that it's better now, and I biked 23 miles this morning...(and 15 on Sunday).

So I'm going to take it easy for a few days, (read- I'm not going to bike so fast or hard), and see what happens because THIS Sunday I'm supposed to bike from the old Cinderella City Mall to Morrison with about 6 friends, and damnit!  I wanna go!

Also, in September, Husband and I and a few friends are all signed up to ride the Exempla Good Samaritan bike jam to benefit their cancer center.  If anyone actually looks at the link, don't be alarmed, we're not biking the 100 mile route!  Just the 45 mile route.  That's as far as I've ever biked, and I was wiped at the end!

2013 Bike Jam Jersey
I'm just doing it for the jersey


On another note- I have finally gotten job interviews!  Had one last Friday and was offered a job yesterday, and have one more tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll get another offer, and then I'll decide where to work- I'm hoping by the end of the week.  Yay!  Solvency!




Anyhoo, I guess that's all the fun and games for now!


Remember, it's just a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment