Friday, June 24, 2011

Wet T-shirt contest?

Well...not really.  More like, I sure did soak myself trying to rinse dye out of my hair over the side of our giant claw-foot tub.

Trying to disguise my old.

But I did find out something interesting about dying hair today.  My Aide and I were walking out of the store when I started making smart ass comments about the "Usage Advisory"  posted on the side of the package.

You have to imagine my smart-assery voice here as I read:

IMPORTANT: HAIRCOLOR CAN CAUSE AN ALLERGIC REACTION WHICH, IN CERTAIN RARE CASES, CAN BE SEVERE.  THEREFORE YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE PRECAUTIONS:

Then there were the normal precautions like:

Don't use if:  You already have had a reaction to hair dye (uh...duh....?)
You have a sensitive, itchy, or damaged brain  scalp

 But then, there was this warning:

IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, the risks of allergic reaction may be increased.

Uh.  ?  What if you have like...more than five tattoos?   You're good to go, right?

Ayuh, that's me!

Besides, I've dyed my hair so much, if I was going to have a reaction, I surely would have already!

I supposed I should also do the 30 Day Challenge question for today, day 21:  Your fears.

How bout anaphylaxis from dying my hair in an effort to cover up those grays?


Remember, it's just a ride.

3 comments:

  1. I see that warning every time I dye my hair too, and think, "what if???". They probably got sued once by a tattooed person who had a spontaneous allergic reaction, so they're covering their butts. That's what I like to tell myself, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chakra-tastic! Sweet ink. I've got a few myself, and trying to decide whether or not to get more soon. Cheers!

    brandon

    ReplyDelete