Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beautiful spring morning!

Tomatoes and Basil and Peppers- oh my!
 See what I woke up to this morning!  After telling one of my fellow bloggers that I kill everything in pots, I have vegetables sprouting!  Well, this is how big I can get them before the see the light and start wilting...

 Then, I had to go into Paonia this morning and because it's been cloudy and rainy, everything was glistening and clear, and trees are a-bloomin':
Yeah, coal mining is the biggest employer in the area- whenever you want to go anywhere, you get stopped by a train.
Some of the fruit orchards are already in full bloom.



All in all, it was a gorgeous morning.

Then, the rain came.  It's been raining all afternoon, and we need it pretty badly.  Western Colorado is very dry after spring, so the more snow and rain we can get, the better.

I love the spring!

3 comments:

  1. I KILL every plant within a 2 mile radius I swear! Good on you for getting your plants to grow. And how lovely is that blossom? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great blossoms! Following and supporting. alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog coauthor Bryan grows his own veggies. I, on the other hand, muat have Roundup in my veins.

    ReplyDelete