Thursday, April 7, 2011

Springtime in Colorado

Yesterday it was 70 degrees out, today 60 and dropping with clouds moving in & threatening rain, if not snow.  Here in Colorado, springtime is like watching a person who is bipolar, but cycles every few minutes in stead of days, weeks, or months.

But for awhile today there was some sun out, and I took a few pictures:

Downtown Paonia-where my address nominally exists.  Notice, snow on mountain.


This is a mural on the side of a Mexican restaurant in Paonia.


And a couple of pictures to prove spring is here:

My neighbor readying his field for planting.


My apricot tree already has flowers on it.

But, it can still snow here and decimate the budding fruit trees that are huge overachievers this year.  Like my apricot tree.  Every year it's the first to bud, and every year it snows soon after the flowers come....



Remember, it's just a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment