Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Me vs. Corrective Tape

So.  Today it's back to work.  I'm still not quite on form, my stomach is still trying to decide whether what I put in it is really food.  It has made it very hard to concentrate today.

Like when using corrective tape.

Now, I don't know if anyone else out there has run into the 'new' corrective tape, but last time I used corrective stuff, it was in a pen and you shook it up and then pressed the tip to your paper to get the stuff to come out.  Then you waited about a million minutes for it to dry so you could write on it.

This new stuff is cool because you don't have to wait for it to dry, but it does some sneaky things when you're not really paying attention.

Like me.  Today.

I'm trying to cover over some dates on some papers so I don't have to re-write everything on my inventory list.  At first it's fine.  Then, the tape catches and half of it peels off itself.

Did you know this stuff doesn't stick to itself?  It's like the crappy cling wrap of corrective tape.

Then I start cussing quietly at it.  Our CNA starts giggling at me because I can't handle my corrective tape.  I need Corrective Tape Anonymous.

By the time I finished my little project, the stuff I was trying to cover looked all shreddy and blotchy.  Photocopying didn't make it look better because all the shreddy parts made little shadows on the copy.

I ended up re-writing all the lists.  Corrective tape 1; Me 0.



Remember, it's just a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment