Sunday, April 3, 2011

Just another day...

Actually, I was just on Facebook boasting about how awesome my piano practice went today when I got home from work.  I was like, perfection in timing!  The master of harmony!  The king of the metronome!

Well, probably not that good since what I was practicing was the first real song I've played, but I did really good, I swear!

The thing about me learning how to play the piano is that I wanted to learn when I was little.   I would spend hours and hours on my grandmother's piano with my mom's old lesson books trying to puzzle out the lessons.

I begged my grandmom to teach me, but she would tell me that it had been years since she'd played, and she was no good anymore.

I begged my mom to teach me, but she wanted me to hang out with my grandparents and give her some peace.

So I would just pick out songs by ear and what little I could read of music.  Then, we moved away.  Away from the piano.

After that, my parents divorced, and no one had the money for a piano, much less lessons.

Then I became a teenager- and we all know what those hormones do to you- lessons forgotten for boys.  For years.  And years.

And now, even though I won't be playing for a crowd, won't be playing for auditoriums, I still want to learn.  So I can play for myself.


Remember, it's just a ride.

This was originally posted March 15, 2011 on Live Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment